The Health Department confirmed that more than 100 people who became sick after dining at or who were in contact with someone who dined at Kally K’s Steakery & Fishery, 3383 Commercial Way, in Spring Hill between March 6 and 11 were stricken by a norovirus. According to the report, at least one employee of the restaurant tested positive for the virus, which is a leading cause of gastroenteritis. Symptoms can include severe vomiting, diarrhea and weakness that can last one or two days. An investigation was conducted jointly by the Health Department and state Department of Business and Professional Regulation on March 14 after more than 100 complaints had been received. An inspection of the restaurant yielded two violations, one of which was listed as critical: An inspector noted that an employee engaged in food preparation had not washed his or her hands prior to handling food and equipment or when changing gloves. The second violation dealt with cleaned and sanitized equipment, utensils, linens or other items that were not properly stored, according to the DBPR.