When we first read about people getting sick at the Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park, we were drawn to the comments that followed the story. There we learned that people with getting sick within four hours of checking-in. One couple told of the fact that the facility had so many people vomiting, that it was out of towels!
The mystery illness is looking more and more like norovirus. New York officials have linked the Great Escape to the illnesses of nearly 200 people and more than 300 have called the department’s hotline to report symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting after visiting the resort, or to get information.
The Glen Falls Post Star Friday (3/21/08) reported that:
The Department of Health suspects a norovirus is to blame for the sickness, but officials are still awaiting laboratory test results to confirm that.
The same story adds lot’s detail into the Great Escape horror story. It can be found here.